The Avalon is perfect for a small group of guests to enjoy cruising the waters on a classic Bayfield sailboat charter! Equipped with new sails, rigging, and more, she’s ready for adventure.
Boat Capacity: 8 people
Boat Size: 37 feet
Check-In: Complimentary boarding is available any time after 7 p.m. the night before your charter begins
Not Included: Bed linens, towels, groceries, food seasonings
Go Sailing in the Apostle Islands on Clear Air – 2012 Boat of the Year
The Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 379 is part of the brand new styling being brought into the Jeanneau line of boats. This boat also won Cruising World‘s much sought after Boat of the Year for 2012. Clear Air is equipped with the performance package including the standard deep keel, fully battened Mylar/taffeta mainsail and a 132% genoa. Sporting twin helm stations, you can easily see the sails to maintain the perfect trim.
Step below and experience the refined interior that Jeanneau has become known for, including three generous private cabins and additional sleeping space in a convertible salon berth to sleep a total of eight crew. Make use of a large refrigerator, stove and oven and all the galley gear required to make a perfect meal while enjoying the sunset at anchor.
Book online today to reserve your place on Clear Air, one of the more sought after boats in the Superior Charters fleet!
Booking a Bareboat Charter
If you have never booked a bareboat charter before, the term ‘bareboat’ generally indicates that the boat is not supplied with a licensed captain. You are the skipper of the boat and will sail and manage the boat during your charter. You can request a captained charter once you have reserved your boat if you are not comfortable being a skipper.
Please follow the bareboat process in the drop-down below:
To ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable bareboat charter experience, we want to be sure that you and your crew are knowledgeable in handling the yacht you have chosen. We ask that you complete our Boating Resume & submit it under the Forms & Documents page to help us determine your sailing skill level.
To be a qualified skipper, we are looking for you to meet the following criteria:
- Recent charter experience aboard a vessel of similar size/type
- Or ownership of a vessel of similar size and type
- And/or completion of a qualified charter certification program
Prior to your arrival, you can be confident that the yacht you have selected has been fully inspected by our qualified staff. All of the fuel and water tanks have been topped off and all systems have been tested to ensure they are fully operational. Each yacht is fully equipped with all the Coast Guard required safety equipment, as well as many other items required by Superior Charters to ensure a pleasant and successful sailing vacation for you and your crew.
Aboard each yacht, you will find the galley is fully equipped to prepare the most gourmet of meals. A BBQ grill is standard equipment with each vessel. Other standard equipment found on all vessels in the Superior Charters fleet includes:
- Inboard engine
- Dockside heat
- Wheel steering
- Depth sounder
- Knot meter
- VHF radio
- Stereo radio
- Barbeque grill
Icebox / Fridge: Refrigerator
BBQ Grill: Gas
Depth Sounder: Yes
Stereo: Stereo CD
Water Tank: 53 Gallons
Fuel Tank: 34 Gallons
Holding Tank: 21 Gallons
- Required Coast Guard safety gear
- Engine fuel
- Stove and BBQ grill (with gear & fuel)
- Complimentary consumable kit that includes paper towels, trash bags, dish soap, all-purpose cleaner, a sponge, matches/lighter stick and marine toilet paper
- Depth sounder
- GPS navigation & autopilot
- Sleeping bags, pillows, towels
- Warm clothing, rain gear, chapstick, insect repellant
- Sunscreen, bathing suit, sunglasses
- Deck appropriate footwear (non-marking soled shoes), sweater or jacket, motion sickness pills, pain reliever, small flashlight, and camera
- Food, seasoning, drinking water, dishcloth, and dish towels
Do NOT bring:
- Coolers: only soft-sided coolers are allowed onboard while sailing
- Tents: camping on the islands while chartering is not allowed
- Kayaks: not allowed on any of our boats and are not allowed to be towed behind the boats
- Smoking is not allowed