It’s all about summer sailing aboard Summerland, our 39’ 2004 Beneteau sailboat. This modern vessel has everything you need to have a great sailing vacation!
Boat Capacity: 8 people
Boat Size: 40 feet
Check-In: Complimentary boarding is available any time after 7 p.m. the night before your charter begins
Not Included: Bed linens, towels, groceries, food seasonings
Giddyup and Go on a Bayfield Sailing Vacation
Giddyup is the new Sun Odyssey 409 by Jeanneau, voted “European Yacht of the Year in 2011.” The 409 is both elegant with sharp lines and fine details, but also built for speed. A modern hull with a hard chine and excellent stability makes the Sun Odyssey 409 a pleasure to sail.
This boat is specified with the performance package which includes performance full-batten mainsail and furling genoa, Dyform standing rigging, Dyneema running rigging and twin composite steering wheels.
Think she’s all go and no show? Then step down below and check out her stunning accommodations including three private staterooms and two heads with additional sleeping on the convertible salon table for a total of eight berths. This one is sure to please the performance sailor and the comfort sailor both! Book online today and don’t miss your chance to sail this stunning boat from Superior Charters.
Booking a Bareboat Charter
If you have never booked a bareboat charter before, the term ‘bareboat’ generally indicates that the boat is not supplied with a licensed captain. You are the skipper of the boat and will sail and manage the boat during your charter. You can request a captained charter once you have reserved your boat if you are not comfortable being a skipper.
Please follow the bareboat process in the drop-down below:
To ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable bareboat charter experience, we want to be sure that you and your crew are knowledgeable in handling the yacht you have chosen. We ask that you complete our Boating Resume & submit it under the Forms & Documents page to help us determine your sailing skill level.
To be a qualified skipper, we are looking for you to meet the following criteria:
- Recent charter experience aboard a vessel of similar size/type
- Or ownership of a vessel of similar size and type
- And/or completion of a qualified charter certification program
Prior to your arrival, you can be confident that the yacht you have selected has been fully inspected by our qualified staff. All of the fuel and water tanks have been topped off and all systems have been tested to ensure they are fully operational. Each yacht is fully equipped with all the Coast Guard required safety equipment, as well as many other items required by Superior Charters to ensure a pleasant and successful sailing vacation for you and your crew.
Aboard each yacht, you will find the galley is fully equipped to prepare the most gourmet of meals. A BBQ grill is standard equipment with each vessel. Other standard equipment found on all vessels in the Superior Charters fleet includes:
- Inboard engine
- Dockside heat
- Wheel steering
- Depth sounder
- Knot meter
- VHF radio
- Stereo radio
- Barbeque grill
Icebox / Fridge: Refrigerator
BBQ Grill: Gas
Depth Sounder: Yes
Navigation: GPS Chartplotter
Stereo: Stereo CD
Water Tank: 140 Gallons
Fuel Tank: 53 Gallons
Holding Tank: 42 Gallons
Heater: Independent Diesel
- Required Coast Guard safety gear
- Engine fuel
- Stove and BBQ grill (with gear & fuel)
- Complimentary consumable kit that includes paper towels, trash bags, dish soap, all-purpose cleaner, a sponge, matches/lighter stick and marine toilet paper
- Depth sounder
- GPS navigation & autopilot
- Sleeping bags, pillows, towels
- Warm clothing, rain gear, chapstick, insect repellant
- Sunscreen, bathing suit, sunglasses
- Deck appropriate footwear (non-marking soled shoes), sweater or jacket, motion sickness pills, pain reliever, small flashlight, and camera
- Food, seasoning, drinking water, dishcloth, and dish towels
Do NOT bring:
- Coolers: only soft-sided coolers are allowed onboard while sailing
- Tents: camping on the islands while chartering is not allowed
- Kayaks: not allowed on any of our boats and are not allowed to be towed behind the boats
- Smoking is not allowed